Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How it all started

I was severely depressed!! Life was going horribly. My weight had gotten way out of control to the worst point ever. My personal life had crumbled to nothing, people were embarrassed to be seen with me, people were laughing at me in public. Work life was failing to where I couldn't even walk across the parking lot to begin working. I couldn't stand for 8 hours, which my work involved. My legs hurt "BAD"! I wasn't getting any respect, because people saw me as worthless and I felt worthless. I just wanted to hide and not see anyone. That's what I did after work. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on my favorite goodies, such as baked goods, bread, pizza, or stopped by fast food places, yes more than one in an evening and went home to try and ease the pain of loneliness, hurt, stress and inner unhappiness from being so overweight. Thought it would make me feel better, like someone who uses drugs or alcohol. I abused food. Evenings were the loneliest time for me, food was companionship and love that I wasn't getting, all my friends had husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends in their life. I had my parents and brother, but I thought no one else could love me, mainly because I didn't love myself and ate more and more!!! Until I was going to die by not waking up from the stress on my heart or by my own hand if I didn't get out of the deep, dark place I was in. I have been struggling to get enough to eat emotionally since I was born. I have been overweight since I was 4 years old. My parents had worried about me my whole life.

One day, I read in the newspaper, Dr. Sasse's Bariatric practice was having a seminar at the Nugget in Reno. I asked my mom to go with me as support. Support is a great thing to have. We found the seminar very informative and I went home energized! Until my insurance would not pay for my surgery!!!! A few months later, thanks to Dr. Sasse's mailing list, I received a card in the mail from IMetabolic. The card invited me to call and find out about this wonderful, non-surgical program. I immediately discussed my interest in the program with my parents. I had made the decision that I wanted to do this no matter what it took! I was ready. My parents discussed it and came back with an answer. They helped me afford the program and I called and made my appointment. I couldn't wait and I had my first consult with Mark Conte. He's very easy to talk to and I knew I had found the right place. The same goes for Tracy and Tasha as well as Dr. Moore, they made me feel like family, no judgement of what I looked like and gave me the wonderful tools to start becoming the new and improved me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment